I am Jim DuPlessis and live in Elizabethtown, KY with my wife of 25 years, Marcy. We have 3 children; Jay, a senior at the University of Kentucky; Kate, a Flight Attendant for American Airlines; and Tori, a senior at Elizabethtown High School.
I was born and raised right here in Hardin County; and I am the youngest of five children, to John and Kitty DuPlessis. After graduating from Elizabethtown High School, I attended UK and received a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. I have been working in heavy industry for over 24 years, and currently work as a Senior Technical Consultant for ChemTreat, Inc.
I enjoy my family and time spent with friends. I am an avid outdoorsman, enjoy camping, hiking, hunting, and off-roading.
· Born and raised in Hardin County
· Husband to Marcy and father of 3 children
· Served as youth sports coach and Boy Scout leader for 13 years
· Strong Christian values
· Strongly believe in the sanctity of all life
· Served many leadership roles including deacon at my church.
· Volunteered on numerous water well mission trips to Central America
· Not a career politician, but an Engineer focused on solving problems